Since there is going to be so much to do in the next few weeks, I'm going to have to make weekly updates on all the things we need to accomplish. So here's our to-do list at 8 weeks away from the wedding...
1. Mail out invitations! - I meant to pick up stamps from my parents when we went over there last week, but I totally forgot about it. I'm just going to bring all the invites over there tonight and work on finishing up the assembly and either mail them out tonight or tomorrow bright and early.
2. Decide on Florist - We cannot put this off anymore. We need to make a couple more appointments and book someone, ASAP.
3. Make hair appointment - I want to make sure I can get my hair trial for the morning before my second shower, and then I also want to make sure this particular salon will be able to do my hair and the bridesmaids hair the day of the wedding. I've been putting this off too (but what haven't I been putting off?)
4. Make alterations appointment - Appointments aren't really officially necessary at the place where I bought my dress, but I want to make sure that I come in at an appropriate time. Getting my dress altered is going to be so surreal, it's making me nervous just thinking about it.
5. Finish ceremony - This should be easy. It's basically done except for a tiny bit of wording tweaking. I anticipate we'll be able to email it to our officiant this week.
Whew! Here's to hoping we don't fall behind - getting things finished in a timely manner is crucial at this point, or things are going to start piling up and stress will shortly follow.